It’s Tuesday, and that means it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday used to be hosted over on The Broke and the Bookish but moved over to That Artsy Reader Girl. As described on The Artsy Reader Girl’s blog, “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This description is right up my alley, and I hope you all enjoy this tag as much as I do!
The prompt this week is “Extraordinary Book Titles (submitted by Elise @ A Book and a Cup)”
I have to admit; I struggled with this prompt. I tend to shop by book cover vs. book title. Titles aren’t nearly as important to me as a good cover. The only time that a title genuinely matters to me is when it’s an overused or trendy title. So, I ended up going to my bookshelves to see what called to me on the spine of my books. Here are the books that jumped out at me.
- You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- Super Fun Sexy Times by Meredith McClaren
- As Dust Dances by Samantha Young
- Fluffy by Julia Kent
- Desperate Measure by Katee Robert
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
All of these titles instantly drew me to the book and made me add them immediately to the TBR (after looking at the blurb). I am not sure what makes them extraordinary to me, but I do know that each one of them calls me to pick them up.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. The price is the same great price for you but you’ll be supporting my blog through purchasing something through my link.