Wondering how you could get your book reviewed on the Caffeinated Fae? Well, take a look and see if we might be a good fit.
- I will always give my honest review. I want readers to trust my recommendations which means that I will not review a book if it is required to rate it above 3 stars.
- I will always make it abundantly clear if a book is an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) or a book that I have received in exchange for a review (Read for Review).
- ARCs are a hot commodity, so I promise that if I have previously given an author a 1-2 star review, I won’t request another one.
- I also reserve the right to quit reading (DNF) a book if I’m not enjoying it. Sometimes books aren’t meant for certain readers. When I do DNF a book, please know that I will review it on Goodreads without a star rating. I do not add my DNF reviews to any other book sites.
Genres I enjoy reading:
- I love the genre and read just about anything in it. I read anything from rom-com to dark erotica, but I typically do not enjoy romances that feature cheating, so I tend to avoid those. Favorite authors in this genre include Samantha Young, Helen Hoang, Kit Rocha, Skye Warren, and so many others I can’t think of right now.
- Fantasy has been my first love when it comes to reading. I read a variety of fantasy, but my favorite authors in Fantasy are Katherine Arden & Juliet Marillier.
- Science Fiction
- Science Fiction is a bit tricky for me. I love Dystopian Science Fiction and anything that I can get lost in. I typically don’t enjoy science fiction that verges on the too logical side. Favorite authors in Science Fiction include Sylvain Neuvel, Lois Lowry, & David Wong.
- General Fiction
- There are so many subcategories, & this is mainly a catchall for the books that don’t fit into the other genres.
- Social Science
- I have a psychology degree, so I do love a good social science book. One of my favorite authors in this genre is Mary Roach.
- I read across many genres, and I am not opposed to stepping out of my comfort zone for a good book. Heck, a few years ago I would have never put Science Fiction as a genre I read. Sometimes all it takes is the right book.
- I also don’t discriminate when it comes to the age range of a book. Some of my favorite books are middle grade, teen, and adult.
Genres that are not a good fit:
- I know, I know, this is entirely shocking, but I just haven’t really gotten into mysteries. It’s nothing personal, and I’m sure there are SO many amazing books in this category, but I haven’t found a mystery I really enjoyed.
- I tend to read at night, and I like to be able to sleep. And yes, I know that David Wong can be classified as a horror author, so if your book is anything like David Wong’s books, please send it my way.
Places I review
- This Blog
If you are interested in having your book reviewed on CaffeinatedFae, please email me with a synopsis of your book, and we can discuss if this will be a good fit for both of us.