It’s Tuesday, and that means it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday used to be hosted over on The Broke and the Bookish but moved over to That Artsy Reader Girl. As described on The Artsy Reader Girl’s blog, “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This description is right up my alley, and I hope you all enjoy this tag as much as I did!
The prompt this week is “Character Traits I Love/Personality Traits I Love to See In Book Characters/Things That Make Me Love a Character/etc.”
Characters are an essential part of a book for me. If I can’t relate or at least like a character, I DNF the book. So, here are some of the character traits that I love.
- Sarcasm – seriously sarcasm makes me instantly love a character. I’m a sarcastic person, so whenever that is a character trait, I immediately enjoy them. Sarcasm should not be confused with being an asshole. There is a difference.
- Loving books – this goes without saying, but I enjoy it when a character loves to read. If it’s a male hero in a romance book, I instantly swoon.
- Loving animals – Give me a scene where a character scratches a kitten’s neck or snuggles with a dog on a bed, and I’m happy.
- Grumpy hero – I have such a soft spot for the grumpy hero. I don’t even know why, but I LOVE it! The grumpy hero with the sunshine heroine is one of my favorite tropes.
- Driven – I love characters that are driven. I want them to be working towards something. Whether it’s working towards a better life or enjoying a passion, I want to see their drive.
- Genuine – I want a character that doesn’t play too many games, doesn’t lie just for the sake of lying. I can never connect with characters when they’re fake.
- Loyal – Whether it is with their significant other or their friends, I LOVE when a character is fiercely loyal.
- Confidence – I love when a hero/heroine is confident in themselves, in their work, or their passions.
- Introverted – I haven’t read many books where I feel that introversion has been shown in a nonjudgmental way, so when it is done right, I am instantly hooked.
- Imperfect – I don’t want to read about perfect people, I want to learn about the messy, imperfect lives of others. It makes it so much more relatable.
Ever wonder how I read so many books & not go broke?
- I know you all have probably heard of it, but Kindle Unlimited it’s one of the best ways to try out new authors. It has a lot of wonderful Indie Authors and some great prominent named authors as well! Try your first month free and see what the hype is about!
- The Audible Escape Package has been a go-to addition to my reading life. This package features amazing romance audiobooks & it’s a great way to try both new authors and new narrators! Click here to learn more!
- My all-time favorite place to buy audiobooks is Audible! They have a great app on the iPhone & they are continually adding new books! I love a lot of the features, and it’s the easiest (for me) when it comes to audiobooks! Looking for a way to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to joining Audible? Click here to get 2 audiobooks free for trying out Audible!
Psst. I use Amazon Affiliate links. You get the same great price but also support my blog.