I was tagged by the lovely @ReneeHuggins on twitter, and I really couldn’t resist this one! You can find Renee’s list on her blog! This tag was created by the wonderful Delly on Twitter. You can find them at @DellyBird on Twitter & their awesome blog can be found here.
“Why I am Weird” Tag rules
- List ten weird things about yourself, your life, or silly habits that you wouldn’t normally share.
- Tag up to ten people so you can get to know them better.
- Link back to the person who tagged you & the creator
- Comment on the posts of people you tagged!
Why I am Weird:
**Little caveat, I’m a pretty open book, so the things that I really wouldn’t usually share are stuff that probably isn’t going to be family friendly (and my family knows this is my blog) so I’m going to share some random weird things about me.**
- I always stop to take pictures. I either snag a photo with my iPhone X, or I pull out my Nikon D5300. I love the sound of the shutter snapping, and I genuinely love getting those fleeting moments that you can look back on. It’s truly a beautiful thing.
- My family is made up of extraverts, but I’m definitely an introvert. I often baffle my family because I prefer my alone time.
- I hate camping, but I love nature. This fact drives my family crazy. I love nature. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of going on hikes or enjoying the beautiful colors of Colorado. With that said, I HATE camping. I often tell my friends I’m a princess when it comes to camping because I want all of the amenities of a hotel. I want a bathroom, a good bed, and no bugs/snakes/bears.
- I wish that it was socially acceptable to wear kitten ears in public. I’m also incredibly jealous of anyone that has the confidence to do it. I’m a kitten at heart, and there are so many days I want to wear my kitten ears out but never do.
- I hate driving. If I were to have a choice, I would never have to drive again. I often say I need to date/marry someone who loves to drive so that I don’t have to.
- I love taking road trips, which is definitely weird because I hate driving.
- I am utterly obsessed with Faeries, but I don’t read many faery books. They just never do justice to the creatures I love. With all that said, I typically love every faery book I have read.
- I’m a digital hoarder. I have so many digital files that I have 3 portable hard drives that are basically full of the same files in case something happens.
- I spent so many years of my life hating audiobooks only to find out that I love them, and I was just listening to the wrong genre.
- I secretly wish I was a cat.
Tagging the wonderful:
@JennieLy – jenniely.com
@BooksNest – booksnest.co.uk
@c8_marie – functionallyfictional.com/
@imagineamalee – https://imagineamalee.wordpress.com/
@BethTabler – https://beforewegoblog.com/
@sixcrowsbooks – https://sixcrowsbooks.wordpress.com/
@Lifeofemilyxoxo – https://emilythebooknerdxo.blogspot.com
@reviews_addict – https://bookaddictreviews13.blogspot.com/
@catfairyreads – http://www.thebookishfairy.com/
@amandabbooks – https://classyxbookreviews.wordpress.com/
If I didn’t tag you, please feel free to participate! I LOVE learning more about you all, so please consider this short paragraph your personal tag. TAG YOU’RE IT!
12 thoughts on “Why I am Weird – Dellybird’s Top Ten Tuesday Tag”
Oh my, we have a LOT in common! I’m an introvert (extrovert family), love nature, hate camping, hate driving, and I’m a digital horder too.
I don’t like car rides or wearing anything on my head, but those appear to be the only differences, lol. Oh, and I think I’d like to be a bird so I could fly.
I also love the sound of my Nikon shutter. But I don’t know the model without looking at it.
WEAR YOUR EARS and be proud!!! Are they the crown ones you shared on Twitter? They are lovely and look really good on you 🙂
We definitely do have a lot in common!
Yep! Those are the ears though I have a few more pairs too. Black, Brown, White, and Sparkles are the kinds I have. I think maybe if I went out to things other than work, I probably would but unfortunately, they’re just not work appropriate.
Work, no, I bet not. I never go out either.
Lol, I’m picturing you wearing them 24/7 in front of your computer. That’s what I’d be doing!!!
But then I’d probably take it further just to see what kinds of reactions I’d get. I’d wear them to get the mail, making sure I went out when the mail guy is out there… things like that.
I wear them when cleaning my house. It gives me the motivation to clean. I’ve been joking about wearing them to the family reunion. I have a pair that has leaves on the inside part of the ear and they kind of look like marijuana pants so it would be hilarious to wear them to South Dakota.
I wish it was acceptable to wear kitty ears in public too! I think people would genuinely be happier if such things were socially acceptable. I love that you love nature but hate camping! So funny but I do know what you mean. Sleeping in nature is a different ball game. What audiobooks do you like the most? Interested to know what genre you were listening to initially too. Thank you so much for completing the tag! I am loving reading about people.
I think our world would be a lot nicer if everyone just let others enjoy their things.
It is a lot different sleeping in nature, my best friend only got me to agree to camping last year because I could learn how to take photos of the stars.
I was listening to Mysteries because that is what my mom wanted. I found that I can listen to any other genre and be fine but mysteries just aren’t for me.
Thanks for creating the tag! It was so much fun!
I love this! Thanks for tagging me. I actually am the same with a few of these! – Cait
You’re welcome! Hope you can join in on the fun!
Thank you for tagging me! I cannot wait to do the tag 🙂 I am not a fan of camping either. this girl needs her bed and bathroom
I definitely agree! The bathroom is a must!
I’m just like you when it comes to the outdoors and camping–I LOVE hiking and the outdoors, but I don’t like sleeping in it! I need a real bed or I basically don’t sleep. Our family nowadays usually rents a cabin instead of camping in a tent—I’m even fine with a really basic cabin as long as it has a bed!!
I just got back from a family reunion where we sleep in a cabin (with beds). The restrooms are in a main cabin but I prefer that over outhouses or anything.