It’s Tuesday, and that means it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday used to be hosted over on The Broke and the Bookish but moved over to That Artsy Reader Girl. As described on The Artsy Reader Girl’s blog, “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This description is right up my alley, and I hope you all enjoy this tag as much as I do!
This week’s prompt is Books on my TBR that I predict will be 5-Star Reads! As you all know, through my #ClearingTheHoard Bookwyrm Challenge I have quite a few physical books on my TBR, so I’m going to focus on them! I have picked out 10 books that I genuinely hope will be 5-Star Reads!
I organized them by size in the picture, so please excuse how weirdly random they are arranged in this list.
- Be More Cat by Alison Davies
- Be More Cat is one of those books that I picked up at the bookstore. It called to me. I may not own a cat, but I sure do love them. I think all of us could use to get to know our inner kitten just a bit.
- The Bluest Eyes by Toni Morrison
- The Bluest Eyes is a book that I have been scared to read. I know it is going to be powerful and profound, which is one of the reasons it has sat on my shelf for so long.
- Another Day by David Levithan
- Another Day is one of those books that I refuse to read simply because I don’t want it to end. Yes, I know that is irrational, but OMG, it’s David Levithan, and I do not want this series to end.
- Kill the Farm Boy by Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne
- At Denver Pop Culture Con, Del Rey had this glorious table where they gave out free books when you take a test. This is the book that I got from them, and unfortunately, my reading schedule was all booked out, so I never had the time to read it.
- Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts
- Nora Roberts sent me this brilliant book. I read the first book last year, and I absolutely loved it. I can’t wait to find the time to read this one! There is a reason Nora is so popular. Her writing is beautiful and completely engaging.
- Beyond Pain by Kit Rocha
- Kit Rocha is the reason I joined Twitter. No, I’m not joking. Donna and Bree are hilarious. I have absolutely loved the books that I have read in the Beyond Series, so I know that this book will be right up my alley.
- The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- I’ve read the first half of this book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The graphics were incredibly well done, and the story was fascinating. I have no doubt that that continues on in the series.
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Faeries, faeries, and faeries… do I need to say more?
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
- I’ve owned this book for too many years, but I’m a bit scared to read it. I don’t usually read horror, so I’m always just hesitant to pick it up and start it. Plus, this book is GIANT, so that is incredibly intimidating
- I Wrote This For You by Iain S. Thomas
- I first read part of this series back in 2015 and fell in love with the feeling it invoked. I have no doubt that this book will be the perfect book for me.
All ten of these books are at the top of my TBR (please don’t ask me for how long). Some of them I’m scared to read because I don’t want to be let down, while others are there because I don’t want the series to end. It’s funny how you can buy a book and whisper sweet nothings to its spine and then promptly refuse to read it. I’ll just sit here and admire how pretty they are until I finally work up the courage to read them.
Do you participate in #TopTenTuesday? If so, leave you link so I can check out your post!
22 thoughts on “TTT | Predicted 5 Star Reads”
The Bluest Eye and The Cruel Prince are incredible books. I can’t believe you haven’t read The Cruel Prince yet – it’s literally perfect for you!!
I’m so scared I’m going to hate it. LOL
I think you’ll like it. But you’ll never know until you try!
I am sure I will love it! I just have to pick it up. It’s on my list of books to read this year.
Do it! I want to compare notes!!!
I definitely need to!!!!
The Bluest Eye was incredible. Hope you like it. Be sure to have some tissues nearby!
My TTT .
I have heard that! It’s definitely a book I need to read!
The Cruel Prince’s synopsis sounds great. On the other hand, though I’ve read a Holly Black book before and didn’t really like her writing style, so we’ll see how that book turns out for me.
I haven’t read anything by Holly Black yet so I hope I enjoy it. I’m obsessed with Faeries and everyone has recommended this series to me so I can’t wait to start reading it!
A good list. Here’s wishing that your expectations are met. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/02/ttt-020420.html
Thanks! I hope so too!
I held a paperback of The Cruel Prince the other day before my wallet chided me…But excited to know what you think!
I completely get that. I keep side eyeing all of the books at B&N but my wallet definitely has been yelling at me to look away.
I really really hope you’ll love Another Day! The Every Day series is my absolute fave! (Though I’ve yet to read the 3rd book) This is making me want to read it again 🙂
I absolutely LOVED Every Day so I’m sure I’m going to love Another Day! David Levithan is one of my favorite authors so I need to just sit down and read it.
I have been meaning to read house of leaves for a long time!!! I love unconventionally formatted books. I hope it is 5 stars!
Same! I bought it so many years ago! I really just need to read it!
Persepolis and The Cruel Prince are on my TBR. I hope you enjoy these!
I am so excited to read them!
I’ve only read Another Day, and it wasn’t quite five stars for me, but neither was Every Day, so you should love it. 😉 Happy Reading!
My Top Ten Tuesday
I love almost everything David Levithan has put out so I’m sure I will love it. 🙂