It’s Tuesday, and that means it’s Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday used to be hosted over on The Broke and the Bookish but moved over to That Artsy Reader Girl. As described on The Artsy Reader Girl’s blog, “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This description is right up my alley, and I hope you all enjoy this tag as much as I do!
The prompt this week is from Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse “The Last Ten Books That Gave Me a Book Hangover.” I like most (if not all) book lovers have experienced a book hangover. I honestly don’t experience the book hangover too much, so I’m making a list of the books I can remember giving me a book hangover.
For me, a book hangover happens in one of two ways. The first way is when I loved a book so much I can’t possibly think of reading another book. The second way is when a book affects me so profoundly, I have a bit of numbness afterward. Sometimes, it’s a little bit of both. The list I came up with is filled with both types of books.
Loved so much Nothing could compare:
- Desperate Measures by Katee Robert
- Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
- Kingdom of Exiles by Maxym M. Martineau
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden
Affected me deeply:
- Columbine by Dave Cullen
- Daughter of The Forest by Juliet Marillier Psst – This is a Macmillian title
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Nobody People by Bob Proehl
- World War Z by Max Brooks