Wow, it has been a while since I wrote one of these wrap-up posts. First off, sorry about that, but with the world going to crap & my aunt dying, I didn’t have the energy to do much reading nor blogging. I’m finally getting to a better state of mind, so I figured it was time to write my wrap-up. I typically wait to make things perfect, but honestly, the world isn’t perfect, and I’m going to be, as my old AIM username said, imperfectly me.
August was a month where I finally started to feel more like myself. I read books that March-June Kristy wouldn’t have been able to read, and I’m pretty dang proud of myself for it! As always, I appreciate you all sticking with me. You all are amazing!
August Reading Stats
- Books Read: 59
- Hours listened: 9 days, 12 hours & 35 minute
- Pages Read: 5636
- DNFs: 7
- Books read: 5
- Hours listened: 2 days, 8 hours, and 48 minutes
- Pages Read: 550
- Days per book: 4
- Pages read per day: 23.19
- Hours listened per day: 56 minutes and 26 seconds
- Books read per month: 7.38
- DNF’d books per month: .88 <– I had a few books that I paused due to my mental health that I did not include in DNFs
- Art/Photography: 1
- Biography/Memoir: 1
- Business: 1
- Fantasy: 4
- Folklore/Fairytales: 2
- General Fiction: 3
- Graphic Novel: 10
- History: 1
- Horror: 1
- Humor: 1
- Picture Book: 2
- Play/Theater: 1
- Poetry: 2
- Romance/Erotica: 18
- Science/Nature: 1
- Science Fiction: 3
- Self-Help/Inspiration: 5
- Social Science/Current Affairs/Political: 1
- Travel/Food: 1
Most read genre is still Romance/Erotica!
Backlist vs. 2020 releases
- Backlist books: 25
- 2020 releases: 34
Fiction Vs. Nonfiction
- Fiction: 42
- Nonfiction: 17
- Print: 7
- Digital: 22
- Audio: 30
- Adult: 48
- YA: 6
- Middle Grade: 4
- Children’s: 1
Books Read in August:
Favorite book this month was Deal With the Devil by Kit Rocha.
This book had everything that I could have wanted. I loved the dystopian world that Kit Rocha created and I loved the romantic elements that were in the book!
- Deal With The Devil by Kit Rocha – 5 Caffeinated Stars
- Eat, and Love Yourself by Sweeney Book & Lilian Klepakowsky – 3 Caffeinated Stars
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London – 5 Caffeinated Stars
- The Truest Thing by Samantha Young – 3 Caffeinated Stars
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini – 4 Caffeinated Stars
Did Not Finish (DNF’d):
- Books I did not finish (DNF’d): 7
- Hours wasted: 13 hours and 37 minutes
- Unlistened to hours: 17 hours and 21 minutes
- DNF’d pages read: 269
- Unread Pages: 1307
- Days lost reading: 25
- Fantasy: 2
- Romance/Erotica: 3
- Sci-Fi: 2
- I didn’t DNF any books this month!
6 thoughts on “August 2020 | Wrap-Up”
Yay!!! I knew you’d get through that slump and get back to your enthusiastic self. I still consider To Sleep in a Sea of Stars as basically 3 books since it was so long! 🤣
It seriously should have been 3 books!
Your stats are always so impressive! I love these posts! Glad your starting to feel like yourself again! 😊
Thanks!! Wrap-ups are some of my favorite posts to read and write!
Congratulations on a prolific reading year, and month! I’ve read about half of your yearly total, so far! I did get a little scared when I misread your pages per day count without the decimal point… 😱😅
Oh wow! Yeah, that misread would change a lot! I honestly don’t know if I would enjoy reading as much if I read that much a day!