I wasn’t sure if I was going to get a blog post written for today, but I was tagged in this Reader Problems Book Tag by Bookish Valhalla in October and figured that this was too much fun to pass up! So without further ado, here are my answers to the Reader Problem Book Tag!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
As a book blogger, my reading schedule is pretty tight, so I typically just look at what my next ARC or Read for Review is. If I’m caught up with my ARCs, I’ll probably look at the books I’m dying to read.
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit, or are you committed?
Quit, life is too short to read books I’m not enjoying. I recognize that not every book is going to be a 5-star read, but there has to be a reason to continue.
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up, and how?
I would definitely try to catch up. I would try and add some shorter novels into the mix and hope that I could get back on track. Luckily, this year I’m already 20 books over my goal, so I won’t have to play catch up.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Cry. This is actually my pet peeve. I own all four books in the Giver Quartet by Loise Lowry, but 3 of them are the mass-market paperback size, and one is hardcover. It haunts me.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Twitter followers! I’m fortunate to have amazing people I follow/who follow me. If I don’t like a book, I’m sure someone on twitter will agree with me.
6. You’re reading a book, and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Cry it out. Actually, I would probably pretend to yawn to “try” to cover up the fact that I’m crying.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you reread the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
There is this beautiful thing called google, where you can find a summary of many popular books. But generally, I’ll reread the book.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Sorry, I’m completely anal about my books, and one ripped page will make me hold a grudge, and it will ruin our relationship.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I usually try another genre. If that doesn’t work, I will sometimes just not read for a week or two and then try again with a book I’m dying to read.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
…. I refuse to answer this question though my bank account will claim that I buy all of them.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Forever… Seriously, I buy so many books that I am desperate to read and then never read them. It’s a problem. I know.
I am tagging anyone that wants to join in! This was so much fun to do, so I hope you all will join in!
2 thoughts on “Tag | Reader Problems Book Tag!”
I’m laughing so hard right now lol. Your answers are me; it’s amazing! “I refuse to answer this; but my bank account.” hahaha. My husband would agree with the bank account & then for the next however long, all I will hear is, “AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN READ THEM YET.” Like, Sir. Idk what your point is here lol..
I can’t wait to do this one! They are such fun <3
I’m currently organizing my bookshelves and it’s horrifying and a bit comforting that I have so many unread books!