March is finally over, and most of us are stuck in the house. While you’re stuck in the house, I recommend taking a look at my post, Protecting Your Book Collection, to get yet another project you and your family can do! As many of you know, I took a bit of a hiatus this month. With COVID-19 happening, I just haven’t had the energy to focus on my blog. I ended up buying a Nintendo Switch and have dived into the world of video games as a way to escape the constant barrage of news. I’m thankful I did because I needed a way to turn off my overly anxious brain & reading wasn’t cutting it.
With all that said, I hope you all are healthy and finding ways to occupy yourself. I appreciate you all coming and reading this post and my blog in general. You rock, and you deserve all the good things!
March Reading Stats
- Books Read: 20
- Hours listened: 3 days, 0 hours & 7 minutes
- Pages Read: 2,144
- DNFs: 3
- Books read: 10
- Hours listened: 1 day, 3 hours, and 38 minutes (13 hours less than last month)
- Pages Read: 889 (little more than February)
- Days per book: 3.63 (a little less than last month)
- Pages read per day: 33.70
- Hours listened per day: 1:06:30
- Books read per month: 10
- DNF’d books per month: 2 (higher than last month’s 1.5)
- Romance/Erotica: 8
- Graphic Novel: 5
- Fantasy: 4
- General Fiction: 3
- Art/Photography: 1
- Biography/Memoir: 1
- Business: 1
- Folklore/Fairytales: 1
- Humor: 1
- Picture Book: 1
- Play/Theater: 1
- Science Fiction: 1
- Social Science/Current Affairs/Political: 1
- Travel/Food: 1
Backlist vs. 2020 releases
- Backlist books: 15
- 2020 releases: 15
Fiction Vs. Nonfiction
- Fiction: 22
- Nonfiction: 8
- Print: 5
- Digital: 12
- Audio: 13
- Adult: 20
- YA: 6
- Middle Grade: 3
- Children’s: 1
Favorite book this month was Dirty First Dates: The Arcade by Harley LaRoux!
This book was a quick, dirty, and well-written erotica. Definitely look at the Trigger Warnings before you read it!
Books Read in March:
- You Can Draw Manga Chibi Characters, Critters & Scenes by Samantha Whitten & Jeannie Lee – 4 Caffeinated Stars
- Venators: Magic Unleashed by Devri Walls – 3 Caffeinated Stars
- Save Yourself by Cameron Esposito – 4 Caffeinated Stars
- Sparrow by Mary Cecilia Jackson – 4 Caffeinated Stars
- Just My Type by Tara Sivec – 4 Caffeinated Stars
- Dirty First Dates: The Arcade by Harley LaRoux – 5 Caffeinated Stars
- Shy Girls Write It Better by May Sage – 1 1/2 Caffeinated Stars
- Heroes Reborn by Philippe Ogaki, Patricia Lyfoung, Patrick Sobral, Alice Picard, & Jenny – 3 Caffeinated Stars
- How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories by Nick Seluk (The Awkward Yeti) – 4 Caffeinated Stars
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg – 3 Caffeinated Stars
Did Not Finish (DNF’d):
- Books I did not finish (DNF’d): 6
- Hours wasted: 13 hours and 37 minutes
- Unlistened to hours: 17 hours and 21 minutes
- DNF’d pages read: 250
- Unread Pages: 954
- Days lost reading: 18
- Romance/Erotica: 3
- Sci-Fi: 2
- Fantasy: 1
Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams
Poor handling of sexual assault.
Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata
Transphobic jokes in the book.
Shadowless by Randall McNalley
I just wasn’t the right reader for this book.
2 thoughts on “March 2020 | Wrap-Up”
Even with the hiatus, those are some impressive stats! I feel your pain, with the hours lost on DNFs. Definitely a good call on dumping the transphobic and insensitive stories.
I’ve been trying to get more reading done, but I think my dog has been feeling the anxiety in the air, because every time I sit down, she keeps getting into stuff she’s not supposed to get into. I’m starting to think it’s a ploy to get me to get up and engage with her, even if it’s just to tell her to quit chewing the rug. Luckily, I’ve discovered the wonder of audiobooks and bookish podcasts while walking her every day. That way, we both get exercise AND I get to ingest some books.
Thanks! It definitely helped that I read a few graphic Novels at the end of the month!
Dogs definitely are smart! Cal definitely wants to be with me constantly and won’t leave my side.